- Engine: Half-Life 2
- Release Date: September 13, 2007
- Author: Fortress Forever Development Team
Fortress Forever is a Half-Life 2 mod that uses the game's Source Engine. The game is based on Team Fortress Classic, but has been created entirely from scratch by the Fortress Forever development team. The intended scope of Fortress Forever is to please older Team Fortress Classic fans, while at the same time creating a game enjoyable enough to players new to Team Fortress styled games.
Fortress Forever was released on September 13, 2007. The game is freely available to all who have purchased Half-Life 2 or any other game running off the Source Engine. As of February 26, 2010, Fortress Forever is on build 2.41.
According to a developer team member, Fortress Forever was in development (planning phase) for more than a year before the Half-Life 2 SDK was released.The Far2Cool Network forums. TFC:S 3rd Party MOD - Fortress Forever Announced. Retrieved 2007-03-23. The Catacombs forums. Fortress Forever - A Team Fortress Mod for HL2. Retrieved 2007-03-23.
- Article in Computer Gaming World from October 2006, page 77 the US edition.
- Article in PCGamer from December 2006, page 128 the US edition.
- Feature: Mods of 2005 - Mod DB
- Best Mod of 2007 in PC Gamer magazine.